Activewear edit.



After cleaning out my wardrobe yesterday I had a complete sportswear overhaul and the results are in. 12 tops, 8 leggings and 5 sports bras, the worst part is I'm not even that sporty. Why? I hear you ask. Well, my friends, let me introduce you to the world of comfort-dressing. Gone are the days of velour diamond tracksuits paired with perma-soggy Uggs, longewear has taken a new form. I honestly wear my sports wear at least 5 times a week, (though I own enough for 7) yet find myself constantly craving more. Just today I bought 2 new pairs of leggings! I judge websites by the quality of their active range, and if they don't have one, they are considered unworthy.
I understand that anyone reading this article would probably want to have said clothes to do actual sporting activities in, and for that enthusiasm I applaud you. So as my parting gift to you, here is the round-up of sportswear on the high street, something to fit everyone's price range. One day I hope the lycra will do what it's supposed to and make me go for a run but I'm not getting my hopes up.

H&M
Strengths- well priced leggings and unique styles + all the accessories you could want.
Price- £
Rating- 9/10
Notes- FWI this is where I brought my leggings today. They are a firm favourite of mine and their range is innovative and chic, but I find their top range to be a tad disappointing, no skimpy black tops in sight.



Strengths-  Their tops could rival Lululemon
Price- ££
Rating- 5/10
There spread is average at best but much better in the States


Strengths- Really good quality and super low prices
Price- £
Rating- 8/10
I've had a pair of their leggings for 3 years and I kid you not, they are better quality that so many others I own. No see-throughness here


Tk Maxx
Strengths- really good brands that you can't find anywhere else
Price- ££
Rating- 8/10
This is a really overlooked shop I think but if you want some sportswear you can pretty much guarantee a good find



Strengths- Unusual prints and motivational slogans
Price- £
Rating- 6/10
Despite the commendable designs, I am dubious of their tech, That's if you plan of doing sport though.




Comments

Popular Posts