Fashion sites to read NOW





An Obsessive Compulsive Blog reader weighs in.




I will honestly raise my hand and say I spend a good 4 hours a day reading fashion sites. Personally I read the same every day (only ones that update every day have my attention) and have them on a bookmarks bar at the top of my browser.
There have been many webstites gracing my bookmarks bar but few last long, ejstyle for example had some really chic outfit ideas which totally got me into chic-minimalist dressing however I new feel her outfits have become predictable and well, dull. Sorry to put it bluntly but it's true, I will only read things that excite and inspire me.

The Faithfuls- more than 2 years


Get the gloss


More health and fitness related, it is the only of it's kind on my list. Written by experienced insiders and celebrities alike, this is one you wouldn't want to miss. Out of all I really trust their reviews to give an unbiased and honest opinion (something hard to find) along with a large selection of products. If you need a little boost in your life of help to get on the right track fitness wise, their Project Me would be a good place to start.

Read: 14 ways to actually enjoy being healthy



Gal meets glam



The older I get the more I respect Julia Engel, author of this fashion/travel/beauty blog. Her style is classic and modest, again something quite rare now and she doesn't follow trends. You may think this blog sounds boring but far from it, she travels so much I swear she's never home more than a week, and kind on like Angelina Jolie, this is a woman who you can't help but aspire to.

Read: her 2015 roundup (then you'll see why I follow her)



Refinery 29


Literally covers everything. Featuring unique graphics and newsworthy articles, they post so much there is no way to read it all, but their fashion section is particularly interesting. I also watch their YouTube channel with is also really cool, and presented by really cool people. Basically if you want to be a cool person, you should be reading this.

Read: The best AirBnB's of all time




Whowhatwear




If you're at all interested in fashion, you would probably read this already. But if you don't this is a MUST. It is always my go-to for anything style related and keeps you updated with the celebrity scene (top models especially, in case you care).

Read: 10 outfits you can put together in under 30 seconds










The Newbies

Stylecaster

It's kind of like Whowhatwear and Refinery 29 smooshed into one, what's not to like?


Elle

I suppose this should be on the Faithfuls list, it is a firm favourite after all. With everything you would expect from the magazine and more, loads of interesting articles I love to read and a few news stories thrown in for good measure. One of their editors does different KimK things for a week and it's hilarious.



The Zoe Report

Created by the infamous stylist Rachel Zoe and her stylists. From someone who says “Style is what one creates….glamour is a state of mind.” this site really has everything you would expect- heaps of fabulousness.


Byrdie

Made by the company who owns WhoWhatWear. I'm not so sure about this one, as the logo suggests it is all beauty related, which isn't really my thing. It does have good fitness posts though, I'll give it that; so for anyone interested in everything hair and makeup, this is definitely worth checking out.








The Occasionals

A Pair and a Spare

The very fact her title refers to shoes had me hooked. Geneva manages to make diy chic and effortless and really inspired me to swipe the dust off my sewing machine and start using it again. Her sewing patterns are easy to follow, and bang on trend. Want to make your own Balenciaga skirt?, well now you can! If you ever have something in your wardrobe which is just a bit blah, look to this site to turn it into a head-turner.

The Everygirl

I have actually been reading this longer than I can remember but they don't post that frequently. I consider it my weekly dose of 'being a responsible person' they discuss things like saving strategies and 'the struggle towards gratitude' all aimed at the modern woman. That being said their beauty and fashion articles are good (not always my style) and it was actually from here that I discovered Gal meets Glam. For that I will be eternally grateful.


Karlas's Closet


Karla can I be you? I had to put a picture just to show you. She is honestly the most fabulous woman ever, and one of the few women who look just as good (if not better) with short hair than with long. Her style is impeccable, mainly vintage finds but not in that cliche cutesy way, no this woman is totally chic and completely flawless. You hear me? Flawless.
The reason her blog isn't on my regular list is she posts very occasionally due to her new clothing line. I'm not even mad.

Read: EVERYTHING!

Buzzfeed

If you haven't heard about buzzfeed, either you aren't familiar with the internet or you hate to laugh. I don't know which is worse.





Ok that was a lot, hopefully you stayed with me there! If there are any great sits you know, I would love to hear them    Gxx

Comments

Popular Posts