Cold weather beauty


This week so far has been a bit meh, I've been ill a few days and a bit stressed (though I admit I'm not helping myself!) so I've been distracting myself with the greatest thing ever created. Online shopping! I've been having a little look at H&Ms not-so-new make-up line and it's really got me inspired. Their packaging is so chic and the formulas look amazing. I am particularly excited to try their hair-care, have you seen the bottles? They could go on display that's how beautiful they are.
At the moment I'm loving my hair natural, and have sworn off heat styling (eek!) for the whole month. This may sound daunting to most of you, and believe me I feel the same, but with the help of some lifesaving products I feel I can just get by. And guess what? Loads of people have complimented me and say my hair looks so much nicer and healthier, win win I guess!

You may have read in my last post that I'm feeling some spring vibes at the moment, but no matter what my brain is saying, the weather just isn't agreeing. It's FREEZING!
I always find when the weathers just a bit shit, that I like to wear colourful make-up to lift my mood and make a statement, especially when everyone else is bundled up in greys and blacks. So if you, like me are struggling a bit in this weather-these products will save you. I mean it.


Garnier hair mask
For anyone with crazy dry hair, this is the mask for you. It completely blows Aussie 3-minute miracle out of the water. I wet my hair and leave it in for 20 minutes before I shower but it works wonders as a conditioner too.

Too faced melted- fuchsia
I got this in My Little Box January, and was very impressed. It is a colour I wouldn't normally choose, but this is why I love subscription boxes, they make you try new things, and now I really love this colour; either alone or layered with a darker red.

Devacurl styler
Another beauty-box hero, this is one I mentioned back in my NYC haul, and I really couldn't live without it now. I think for girls with curly hair like me, it's really important to use a curl product to hold the curls without them going frizzy. This product is the only way I manage to get through my no-heat month.

Revolution contour palette
It's only £3.50. Whaaaat?! It's so good for quite pale skin and I love every product in it. The bronzer is the perfect shade (and for anyone who's tried to find one, you'll know this isn't easy) the highlighter is really pigmented and the blush could rival Nars. Just get it.

Clinique high impact curling mascara
It's weird how when people buy high-end makeup, they usually go for things they don't often wear like bright lipsticks and eye-shadow. I feel the mascara is sadly overlooked here but I shouldn't be, after all it's the product people wear the most. After trying this I knew I would never go back to any others (drugstore or otherwise) and the reasons it's so great is never-ending. It's so lengthening, doesn't wear off during the day, comes off with just water, lasts for 1753167 years and actually gets better with time. I know you're thinking I'm either lying or delusional but I'm really not, just please try it and you'll agree.

Clarins radiance plus drops
If you haven't heard of them they are drops that you add to your body lotion and makes it into self tan. Is this magic? Maybe, but it is so good for winter when my legs are nasty and pale, and doesn't have that fake-ten smell.

Coconut hair oil
I use this religiously with my Devacurl Cream and especially in winter when hair has the tendency to dry out, this is a must-have for any girl.

Benefit mascara primer
I was quite surprised by this and how I would use it. It's meant for under mascara and gives a great effect but I now use it for my brows, very sparingly of course. I feel this gives a very natural Cara Delevigne look and makes your features really pop. Mine is just a sample size, but I feel it will last me at least a year.



INSPIRATION

flower power red lip pink lip:
I've got pretty into wearing flowers in my hair, it's like being in Hawaii. Aloha!

While I was ill I watched the whole season 19 of the bachelor. It was intense. Although I don't rate Britt as girlfriend material, she always has on some pretty great lippy on, and I really can't fault her for being maybe the most beautiful person ever. I found myself goggling on multiple occasions to find that perfect shade. It has not yet been found:(

The Lovecats Inc: BEAUTY: Makeup Inspiration #1:
Dewy skin

medium length hairstyles - loving this, looks natural. Wonder if its low maintenance or one of those dos that takes an hour to look like you just rolled out of bed.:
Embrace the bed hair. This is what I've learnt since air-drying my hair and here's a tip: don't sleep on it wet and if you do add a bit more water to it in the morning to add volume and texture. Also scrunch it up a bit at the roots, it looks great, promise.

Have a great month and hopefully it will get a bit warmer soon
G xx

Comments

Popular Posts