Eye-shadow look from lipstick

burgundy glittery eye at prada fall 2009:
I've been looking around for some occasion make-up that makes a statement, but I often find that even if you go into doing your make-up with a certain stand-out look in mind, it inevitably turns into a murky brown something that is really far from spectacular.
You've probably seen Linda Hallberg popping up on your pinterest feed now and again, and what I love about her work is that each look is so distinctive, and definitely not for the faint hearted. Feeling inspired by her 90s grunge look I really wanted to try it myself but alas, I have no plum eye-shadow floating around in my house. Well it turns out that was no problem because do you know what? I have a ton of matte lippies that are the perfect colour and as someone who likes a bit of a messier makeup look I thought it would be perfect to use them.

The products I used are MAC matte lipsticks in Viva Glam 1 and Sin.

I understand this look is far from most people's tastes but I dare you to give it a go. What's the worst that can happen? In fact in another of Linda's videos she does and Instagram vs. High fashion make-up and I'd say this is reminiscent of the high fashion one.























































































Step 1: Grab a dark red lipstick and sweep it all over the eye. I find it's best to get quite a lot of product on the brush and just spread it all out. Them continue it all under the eye until it is surrounded in red. You will look crazy.


Step 2: Get a darker, plum shade and dab it on the outer and inner corners of the eye. This really opens up the eye and don't be afraid to go heavily with this shade.


Step 3: Draw that same colour under the eye focusing on the outer half.


Step 4: Take a big fluffy brush and sweep it all over the eye drawing it upwards to the end of your eyebrow.


Step 5: Grab a metallic eye-shadow, I used the fourth shade from the bottom in this pallette. Draw a line on your top lash line.


Step 6: Curl lashes and apply mascara. You're done and look amazing!




I hope you liked this quick tutorial, and that it inspires you to get out of a make-up rut and try something new.
G xx


Comments

Popular Posts