What to wear: Sequins in the day

1-aks-2
Hiya , I'm back again with the second instalment of my What to Wear series. Recently I've been getting super into sequins and sparkly things especially in regards to summer. It's pretty difficult to pull them off in the day, I'm not going to deny that but I love the festival vibe that goes along with them and the way the catch the light in summer, so why limit them to just Christmas time? This time I'm going to order the post in levels of adventurousness (it that even a word?) because I get it that this look is probably pretty new to most people.

This summer for the first time I'm not planning on buying a whole new wardrobe because lets be real, mine is already bursting at the seams. That's why if I'm going to buy anything now it has to be that piece that 'makes' an outfit, and sequins have just the right surprise factor to do this. The tough thing is not making it look tacky.

Look one: Less adventurous

Get the 'model off duty' with a bomber, patch tee and slides.




Look two: A bit more exciting

This look takes confidence to pull off but will look ah mazing! Give your look a chic edge with oversized earrings and a bandanna in your hair.



Look three: A bit more pizazz

This is more of a girly festival look that will make you stand out among a sea of denim shorts. Just make sure your legs shine as much as the sequins with some bronzer and give the look some edge with a bright graphic eye.


Look three: Full on glitterball

If you're super comfortable with out-there looks this is the one for you, but to keep it day-time appropriate, a denim jacket tied round your waist is the best bet.


That's it, have a great and glittery summer :)
G xx

Comments

Popular Posts